Tuesday, December 22, 2009

"It's the most wonderful time of the year...."

I beg to differ....

I used to think that....

I used to LOVE Christmas. It WAS my favorite holiday. But, now that everything that meant so much to me when I was young is gone, I find it so hard to love it like that anymore....

The tiny bit of family that I have left would rather be elsewhere than with me and my children and the friends that I do have are busy with their own families...

I am trying. I REALLY am, but I just go to bed each night wishing that this week was DONE. Over. Behind us.... The fireplace looks dumb. The hooks were so evenly spaced out and now there is an empty hook where mom's stocking should be. And, WHY is mine even up? There is no one to fill it. So, that is pretty assanine... Christmas dinner...I am making NOTHING traditional because I am the ONLY one that eats it and that is just STUPID and a waste. So, that is just another thing that gets me down. No green bean casserole, no pie. Chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy and rolls. That is about it. No drawing of names and picking a gift out for someone. There will be no gifts for me, and that is really no big deal, but just sad...

Like I said. EVERYTHING I have ever known and loved about the holiday. GONE.... I know that I should start to establish new traditions with my kids, but it is hard when you are starting with NOTHING........

Photobucket

3 comments:

Aimee said...

{{{{{{{{huge hugs}}}}}}}}}} I completely understand Jenn! I just want to wish you and your beautiful family a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year! Hannah, Nick, Cami & I are sending all 6 of you lots of hugs and love your way!!

Twin Mommy said...

Awe...times like this I wish I had the money to either fly to you, or fly you guys to us! Maybe we should all start playing the lotto!

Love ya chick! Just try to focus on your 5 little blessings and how amazing you have done at being their momma!

Lori said...

Big Hugs! Wishing for that one street where we could all live and be family for each other.