It's here....
The time of year that I dread... :(
I really do my best to stay busy and avoid it, but it always seems to find me. The month of February. Within it resides the anniversaries of the deaths of my Nana and my Mom. The 2 people that were the most influential in my life...
This year will mark 7 (Nana) and 4 (Mom) years since their passing....
Wow. Just typing that feels UNREAL.... How can that much time have passed already?
Honest. 7 years later, I still find myself reaching for the phone to ask my Nana recipe advice. I think of a question about the past and I want to call her and ask. SHE would have known. SHE would have been able to answer that question. Now, there is no one.... The answers are gone... :(
Something great happens and I think of Mom. EVERY milestone that my children reach is bittersweet. I find myself thrilled on one hand, on the other, sad that Mom missed it... :( So much that she has/is missing.
Not a day goes by that I do not think of my Mom/Nana. I don't cry as much, but I still do now and then. There is still a HUGE void in my life and a part missing in me that will NEVER be filled....
So, I will hug my children tighter and pray harder that we can get through this HARD month together. After all, LOVE is one of the strongest bonds!
26 days left....
Thursday, February 2, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment