
I have really noticed and observed hands lately....
My hands are such a huge part of my life...
they tuck my children into bed,
they allow me to be a successful teacher,
they aid me in driving, doing common household chores, and completing daily self-care necessities
they are what I use to caress the hair of crying babies
they are what I use to pat the backs of upset pre-teens
they allow me to grasp the phone that helps me to communicate with long distance friends
they allow me to type on a keyboard as to keep up with internet life
at times they are cold
other times they are warm
they signal when I am nervous or scared
they will allow me to grasp another hand when I am lonely and in need
The most important thing that I have noticed about my hands in recent months is probably the thing that can make me both laugh and cry and that is the fact that my hands are EXACTLY like my mother's. When I stare long enough at them, I can see my mom, hear her voice, and picture a moment with her. A small piece that will forever be with me....Bittersweet


No comments:
Post a Comment