Thursday, July 2, 2009

Again, people that I thought cared have proven otherwise....

Now, I am no longer surprised. Just confirmed in my suspicions....Today is a HUGE day. I mean, how often do 3 kids turn 13 at the SAME TIME??? You would think that this would be easy. Only 1 birthday to remember instead of 3. Well, I think that it is really not a matter of remembering. Rather, more like other things are just more important....Sad for myself and my children....

I am vowing to NOT insult my Uncle Bill any longer. This year, he is THE ONLY ONE who has come through for BOTH mine and the TRIPLETS birthdays. That is more than I can say about MANY others and that is SAD!

I am just NOT able to see how people can get so "overwhelmed" with life that they can just "overlook" a birthday THIS important? Heck, ANY birthday is important. To let ANYONE (a kid is just THAT much worse) think that you just forgot their birthday is one of the lowest of lows. I have been there MANY times as a child. I KNOW how it stings. It is one of the WORST feelings in the world. It REALLY changes the way you look/see someone. I remember thinking that I must have meant very little to my Dad for him to not even be able to send a card to me on my birthday. That was a feeling that I never wanted my kids to feel....

Now, of the many people that did forget today, my SISTER was one of them! She should be ASHAMED of herself and she was one that I did NOT expect like I did of some of the others... I do not care that she is out of town. She KNEW when their birthday was and should have made arrangements. I do not care if her husband and I had a falling out. That happened BEFORE her kids' birthday yet I managed to get presents to both of them when the time came!

I guess that I need to make a list of all of these things. So, when I complain about the moments when I feel sad about not having people around and it just being myself and my kids, I can remember what having others around really brings..Just a bunch of disappointment and heartache...After all, I AM THE ONE who has to explain to the kids why it is that we give all of these people gifts and yet they give nothing to them???? Keep in mind that I am doing my best to try and teach them etiquette and just wondering how the hell I am supposed to do that when the adults around them cannot even manage to model it?

3 comments:

t said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tripntwinmom said...

Yes, but no big party this year as we are leaving on our "road trip" next week...So, we decided against it....

Care said...

Happy (belated) birthday Tobey, Tylor, and Taylar! I'm so sorry that your family has let you down once again. One year my own parents forgot my birthday - and I've never forgotten it. Those things hurt, and you can never get those moments back. 13 is a huge milestone - hope they had a wonderful birthday.