Thursday, July 2, 2009

As this day comes to a close, it also signifies the OFFICIAL time that my triplets were born!

I just CANNOT believe that I am now the mother of 3 teenagers!!!

These are the letters that I wrote to them and and taped on their doors when I went for work....

Thirteen years ago.

My life changed FOREVER

It started at 10:10 PM with you, Tobey. You came into this world with a fight that many told me you would NOT win. Doctors said that you were just too small, too broken to stay with us. Odds were against you. It was at that moment that I first saw the spirit of my oldest child. You are the bravest and strongest person that I have ever met. Though you are my smallest child in size, you are the largest in spirit, perseverance and determination. You have proven doctors, therapists and teachers wrong over and over. You have succeeded in school and taekwondo way beyond what anyone could have ever imagined. Triple Crown State champ 2008 & 2009! Through the years, my wish for you has been that you have seen that there is nothing you CANT do. I pray you see there is a world of opportunity waiting for you and that you, like anyone else, can go out there and tackle it! I have often fought hard battles to get things for you so you could see that there are things you deserve and you should stand up for those things whether or not others try to tell you otherwise. As you enter your teen years, I hope that you continue to believe in yourself and all that you can and WILL do. The possibilities for you are endless. Go show the world the Tobey Pelzer that we all know and love!

Photobucket

Photobucket

At 10:13, you, Tylor, made your entry. You came in what would later be your typical way of handling most things. You were very relaxed and laid back. You were in no rush to cry or breath on your own. You simply wanted to lie under the lights and oxihood till you had enough sleep and tanning time to handle what lie ahead. You have become a young man that I am very proud of. You are fiercely protective of your brother and younger siblings. You also have a kind and gentle side and I think that is fabulous as you will find a girl one day who will see and appreciate that. Right now, you seem to be very shy around others, but I know that will pass and you will find your place and your way. I see so much of my Poppop in you and it makes my heart smile. Your decision to enter the army is one that did scare me, but now makes me proud. Like Poppop, you show a lot of pride for our country and he would be so happy to know you and to know that one of his great-grandsons was carrying on the family tradition of military service. It is a very tough decision to make, but I know you and I know how much you have already thought about this even at your young age. I have so many dreams for you. I hope your teen years bring so much. I hope you find friendship, love, and most of all happiness with who you are. You are a great kid. You are such a wonderful brother and son. Believe in yourself and who you are and everything else will fall into place. You can reach all of your goals and dreams if you just have faith in who you really are.

Photobucket

Photobucket

At 10:15, my smallest and most anticipated, Taylar you were born. You came out kicking and screaming. You were throwing yourself around from the beginning. You were determined that you were leaving that hospital first and that you DID! Having a girl was my dream. A sweet little doll of my own to dress up and dote on. And dress up and dote on I did! You have been a willing participant all along. Always into the girlie girl things and loving to get your hair done and all dressed up! A sweet and shy little girl you were always smiling and happy. Your recent years have been very hard and I struggle with my emotions for you and what lies ahead. I worry so much. All I truly want is for you to be happy. If you could just find your place, that would be great. I know that you often feel like the world just does not understand you and I really really hate that. Please know that we are trying. We do not see or hear things the way that you do. It is very hard for us to understand what you go through when our view is so much different. There are so many people who love and care about you and we are all trying to help you be happy and successful. You just have to trust us and let us try. Always remember that Nana and Grammy are watching over and protecting you and that you are a very smart person who is capable of GREAT things!


Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

t said...

I keep forgetting our kids b-days are almost on the same day of the year! Love the baby shots--adorable! I hope my kids grow up to be as sweet and sensitive as your trips.