It has been a LONG time since I have had a sister RANT. Well, IT IS TIME!!!
Seriously, the more that I think about her, the angrier I get...I have been "blessed" as they say with only one sibling. Well, I have others, but they are only 1/2 siblings and we have no relationship at all... My sister and I have a horrible relationship. It makes me so sad. Anyone who knows me knows that I love family. Saddest part is that I have so little of it. And, what I DO have is basically non-existant in my life... :( I honestly wish that my sister lived out-of-state as I think that it would make me feel so much better about us NOT seeing each other. Cuz we do not see each other anymore when she lives right by me then we did when she lived 10 states away...
How can this be OK with her?
Why are we so different?
I ask myself this all the time. Things that are so important to me seem to mean absolutely NOTHING to her. Holidays. I LOVE holidays. Think of them as a HUGE family time. Her? She will spend holidays with family if/when she can, but it is not a priority.
Something as big as a Baptism. Definitely worthy of family involvement. Nope. Not to Kim. She happened to mention to me AFTER THE FACT that my niece was baptized... I know WHY she did not invite me. Payback. I baptized the twins and did not invite her. BUT, and the BUT is HUGE, I did this because this occured during a time when her husband had clearly told me that I was not welcome in their house and I KNEW that inviting her meant inviting him. So, I had to make the painful decision of NOT inviting her....During my niece's baptism, we had been speaking and there was NO reason NOT to invite me...
Her nephew in the hospital. This is the 2nd time in the past year that her nephew has been in the hospital and she has not even come down to visit him 1X during his hospitalization. The 1st time, he was in there for 5 days. This was over Spring Break when she was OFF OF WORK! In fact, one day, she told me that she was meeting her husband downtown for lunch. Downtown is right down the street from the hospital! He always has a private room so she cannot use the excuse that she has the kids because they can come with her...And, if she does not want to come, send him something. Call him... She HAS THE $$!! But, noooooo. She does not even do that! Nothing. Oh, yea. She bit$hes about WHERE the hospital is which just irks me because I know damn well that she would not be up there if the hospital was next door to her house! It is not important to her...This is the same sister that could not find the time to visit her brand new niece and nephew at the hospital. She showed up when they were over a week old....Yea. Great, isn't she?
There are 2 girls that I have met in my life who feel more like sisters to me than her and that is D and J. The saddest thing is that both of these girls live out-of-state. They are fabulous, strong girls. D has had so many of the same experiences that I have had and has ALWAYS been there for me. In the 13 years that we have known each other, we are AWLAYS there when the other needs a shoulder and have seen each other through MANY storms.
I have not known J as long, but feel just as bonded to her. Our SMC connection is strong. We share a love for our children that not many understand. J understands me in a way that not many others do. She is always there for my late night calls and pointless vents. She has been a huge beam of support recently and I honestly dream of the day when we live closer together as I feel that both of our lives would be better. J just knows "why" I feel that N is mine and understands my heartache where he is concerned. She sees parts of me that no one else does and that means so much to be able to have someone to share these things with....
I should be able to say these things about my sister, but can't. Never could. She has always been a thorn in my side. Cruel and nasty to me when I was young. Now, I just see her as mean and uncaring.
Really, what is her purpose? I would like to know...
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment