Friday, October 28, 2011

Holy crap. I thought I left high school like 20 years ago....

Seriously...

Another area in which my sister and I do not mesh is her filter. Or, her LACK of one. She seems to think that it is OK to say whatever she wants whenever she wants. She does not care if it is mean or hurtful. I used to just take it and move on. However, now that I am nearly 40, I have realized that I do NOT have to do that. What she is doing is actually abuse and there is absolutely NO reason why I need to endure it. So, I have begun to distance myself from her in situations where I know that she will upset me more than usual.

One of these places is FB. I got so tired of her flaming me for my posts on FB. My FB is my FB. I should feel like I can say whatever I want and not have to worry that I am going to get a call from Kim in regards to it. So, I made the executive decision, after a HUGE falling out, to UNFRIEND her. I would then feel safe posting whatever I wanted and she would not be harassing me about it. Right?? I thought so...

Until this week. She calls me and inquires about a posting of my on FB. Huh? How the he** does she know what I posted on FB? Yeah. That would be because we are still in high school and apparently people (mutual friends) think that they need to phone my sister and discuss my postings with her. WTF??? I am livid! Of course, she refused to tell me WHO it was, and we have SEVERAL mutual friends so it is hard for me to narrow it down. But, I put a warning on my FB for people to stop.

Grow-up folks and give me a break. When I graduated from high school, I meant to leave it behind. Those who brought it with them need to stay away from me!

No comments: