Sunday, May 31, 2009

Much Better...

Well, My birthday was much better than Mother's Day and Valentine's day. I do have to say that Tylor asked several times for me to take him to the store so he could get a gift. So, we went to the store yesterday and I picked out a nice purse that I liked and NEEDED since mine had been stolen a while back. We went to the mall and got my favorite kind of cake which is a cookie cake and then bought the ingredients for homemade queso on the way home. Oh, I did also use an Old Navy coupon that I had for 40% off any one item which was good till the 31st..

Here is the cake that we got...
Photobucket

The goodies that I found at Old Navy. The t-shirts were $3 yesterday which was awesome since I have NO shirts that fit me. I know that some people think that is GREAT, but it is NOT if you do NOT have the $$ necessary to replace all of the clothes that no longer fit you! On the right is a dress which is another FIRST for me. It is a sundress, and I have to say that it is just adorable! A little toning up of the arms and it will just be the perfect "going out" dress!
Photobucket

The purse that I found at my FAVORITE store (Charm$ng Charl$e). It was only $30 and is just adorable!
Photobucket

So, I have been pleasantly surprised with my birthday this year thanks to a little push by me and a small effort from my kids. I guess it just takes a little from everyone!

6 comments:

Aimee said...

I'm so happy you had a wonderful birthday!!! :o) I love your purse too! I hope this is a fabulous year in your life!

Clara said...

Yay! I'm very glad that your kiddos all pitched in to demonstrate how much they love you! Sounds like it was a fun day!

Lori said...

I'm so glad for you! I hope the entire day was as joyful.

Care said...

Happy (belated) birthday! I'm glad that you got to enjoy your birthday, and that cookie cake looks delicious!

Serene said...

Love the purse!! I love that store....it's my crack.

t said...

Happy Birthday! And I LOVE that bag!