Monday, December 27, 2010

Making Sense of Things....

I am starting to really think about WHAT has transpired and WHAT I think it means for me and my family.....

I really am leaning towards NOT going forward with an Eastern European adoption...:( Sadly, I am just NOT feeling that it is the wisest choice for us anymore. As I struggled step after step trying to get things together for Nicholas, I always said that if ANYTHING went wrong, I really would not pursue another child through RR, and I still believe that I feel that way. As I peruse the photos, there is just NO CHILD that sticks out to me the way that Nicholas did from the start....

No, I am really leaning towards going forward with becoming a certified foster home. I am going to go to the orientation when they get things set-up, and I am going to do the required volunteer work. Then, I will see how I feel. I suddenly have a strong sense that there are children right here that we could be helping and that there is another family member for us just waiting to join in the future....

Nothing is set in stone, but that is where I am leaning this week, and it feels pretty right....

1 comment:

Rebecca H said...

Jenn- God will show you the way and it will happen how it SHOULD happen!!!
Foster care may bring a special little angel into your life. Someone that needs your family's help!
Luv you my friend!!!