I have been talking a lot with a girl that goes to church with me...
She thinks that a local agency is a pefect "fit" for me. They do foster/adopt. They charge NOTHING when it is time to adopt... She has told me nothing but good things about the agency. I have met a few of the kiddos taht she has fostered from there and even really fell for one particular little sweetie. :) I have gone back and forth. N is MY son in my heart. He feels like MY child already. However, am I fighting an uphill battle? Will I ever get up the $$ I need? Sometimes, it is a scary, frustrating battle... :(
I bit the bullet and made an appointment for an orientation with the agency on January 12th. It means nothing right now. No committment by myself or them. Just a chance for me to see EXACTLY what they are about and IF that is a good fit for my family. I am still actively pursuing N, but I have said that IF he is snatched up my another family, there is really no other child at RR that calls to me....
So, I guess this is a sort of back-up plan right now... Just going to dip my toes in and see what it is like. I have ALWAYS been interested in foster care. So, I might still go through with it just to be able to help out...
Thursday, December 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment