
This past year, I made a big change. I changed SS classes at church. I did it after LOTS of contemplation. I felt that it was the right decision for me as I just did not feel that I was with a group that I belonged with as a whole. I have not regretted that decision. In a sense... I still see and talk to the people in that class that I have relationships with, we still go to each other's children's parties, etc..
So, this weekend, I was a bit floored when I saw something on Facebook that threw me for a loop... :( Beckey was thanking 3 ladies for throwing her a great baby shower. I sat stunned as I read it as I could only think "What shower?" Yea. I was not invited to a shower of someone who was my friend by people whom I thought were my friends... It was quite a bummer. I posted my little sadness on FB and the hosts tried to say that it was just an oversight, but that did not take away from how terrible it made me feel. One even tried to say that "they brainstormed for an hour and it was just a mistake." This just made me feel worse to think that 3 (THREE) people thought for 1 hour and not 1 of them remembered me... :(
Well, I told my sister today and her response got me thinking of how very different we are. Where I was so very hurt that I was not invited, her immediate response was "I would have been relieved that I did not have to buy a gift." WTF? But, I will say that it does NOT surprise me a bit. My sister is so stingy and selfish. Spending her $$ on anyone but herself is not something that she does well. So, not having to do it is a good thing to her...
I guess that I need to keep working on NOT being so sensitive to these things, but I cannot help it. They just bother me so...


No comments:
Post a Comment