Thursday, March 10, 2011

"The Mean Mom"

In the past few days, I have had to be THE MEAN MOM. It is NOT fun. I do NOT enjoy doing it, but it has been necessary. See, I have teens, and they are at THAT age. The age where they are still pushing, trying, testing to see WHAT they can get away with. It is NOT fun. I HATE this stage of parenting. I wish that I could fast forward past it to the age where they look back and appreciate WHAT I have done and see HOW it helped them grow.

STOP LAUGHING....

Even my normally easy child has been difficult of late. Tylor has decided that he needs to do nothing in our house. Yup. His mere presence is plenty in our house. When I ask him to do something it means that he does absolutely nil. It is driving me insane!

Really, I have been rather lax in regards to chores and jobs of late. There has been so much going on that I have allowed things to go by the wayside. But, when I ask for things to be done, I NEED them to get done! I don't like being ignored or for my children to think that they can just do what they want and disregard what I say...

This stage NEEDS to pass... F A S T !!!

1 comment:

Twin Mommy said...

Girl, I don't know how you do it with three teens. I am terrified of this stage!!