This has bugged me for a long time....
One of my pet peeves...
People who have to "one-up" other people. I have these people in many areas of my life. They literally make me C R A Z Y! They can do this in MANY ways...
It can be the obvious way that you think of in the sense that they have to always outdo everyone. Those are the people that everyone thinks of when you hear the "one-up" expression. You know who I am talking about. You make 5 goals. They have to make 6.... You run 3 laps. They have to run 4. Your kid is potty-trained at 2 years 6 months. Theirs at 2 years 1 month. I could go on and on. These folks HAVE to tell evryone when their child achieves this goal. The thing that stings the most is that they ALWAYS have to do it right on the heels of someone ELSE's thunder!
The opposite folks are the one that make me the most frustrated. When you are the most vulnerable and broken, they are the folks who have to have it WORSE. Like it is not hard enough to admit that you have a tough situation in your midst, but to have these people come in and try to "one-up" you makes it worse. It just unnerves me! You had one flat tire. They had 2. You miss your mom. They miss their mom AND dad.
I wonder if people like this know how bad their "one-upping" hurts or if THAT is their intention in the first place??
Thursday, March 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I think those people are clueless ;)
Post a Comment