Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My Vent About Society....

I work hard. REALLY hard. I do NOT collect foodstamps. I do not get free medical care. I bust my ass to provide for my children and myself. I am single and do not want people to think that I had kids just to suck off of society. NO WAY! I was NOT raised to think that was OK. Now, if I ever fell into a situation that I temporarily needed assistance, I would feel OK getting it. However, that would be on a TEMPORARY basis ONLY!

What I do NOT understand is the people that I see around me who think that it is JUST FINE to live off of the government on a permanent basis? WTF?? Do you have no pride?? Do you NOT want to be the one providing for your family. I thought that we all had an innate desire to be the one providing for our loved ones. I guess not...

It really irks me that my tax dollars are going to people who feel that it is OK to have kids (and more kids) and not even make an effort to work. I know people who have had kids through IUI, are going to college, and are planning more kids all while on "disability." Seriously?? We are paying for these people to do things that working folks like me can barely afford? We are paying for these people to go to college? I, as the working population, had to take loans to get through college. These folks are getting to go to college for free. Is that fair? If you are on government assistance, you should have JUST ENOUGH $$ to make ends meet. You sure as hell should not have enough spare $$ to buy vials of sperm for IUIs! What is that teaching future generations? What is that teaching those living off of the government? Is it encouraging them to get out and work? Hell no! Why work?? And, the even bigger point is: If someone is so disabled (mentally) that they cannot work, how the hell can they go to college??? College, IMHO, is WAY more stressful than ANY job that I have EVER had!!! Who is monitoring these folks. Who keeps up with this??

Something NEEDS to be done. This is just NOT right!