Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Being sick and single... :(

Ugh Ugh Ugh

There are no easier words... I know that I have posted before on this topic, but it is just the HARDEST thing about being an SMC...

Being sick... :(

Lucky for me, I am NOT sick that often. I felt a bug coming on over the weekend. I tried my hardest to fight it. However, the bug had other plans and hit me like a TWO TON BRICK yesterday! Wow! It was a tough one. I laid my head down during my planning period and tried to sleep it off.

No luck...

I went home and tried my darndest to just be there. Yeah. That was a HUGE FAILURE! :( I prayed to God that nothing was going to go wrong as I could not get off of the couch... :( Thank goodness the teens are self-sufficient and the littles can even do what I direct them to do...I just had to lie there and tell kids what to do. It was horrible. I toughed it out till the twins went to bed and then promptly went with them. It was horrible... :(

I felt better this morning, but still feel like I should be in bed. No rest for us SMCs. It is so hard....

2 comments:

Twin Mommy said...

HUGS!! I have been lucky so far this winter. There have been 3 or 4 things that have been going round the community but so far we have avoided them. I understand how bad being a sick SMC is! GET BETTER SOON!

Unknown said...

I so feel for you and understand. I have only the twins but like you, it's just me. Single parents cant be sick.
Someone once asked me what is the hardest thing about being a single parent. That was my first response.
Your family looks wonderful.