I have a friend V who is currently in the "dating" mode...
Only, I don't understand WHAT she is doing?? In the past year, she has dated several guys though eHarmony, but SERIOUSLY dated 3. When I say SERIOUS, I mean that with each one, she claims he is "the one." It is getting a bit old. First it was Tim. Tim was so nice, treated her so well. He was "the one." For 4 months. Then he started acting like a sleaze and she moved on. Next, came Andy. Oh, Andy was her "soulmate." He was definitely "the one!" This time, in LESS THAN A MONTH, she was engaged to be married! We were all sceptical. Wasn't she rushing things a bit? Didn't she want to make sure that she really knew him before making a lifetime commitment? Well, regardless of what any of us said, she went ahead with the engagement. Luckily, she was smart enough to make it a year-long one and did not plan to marry till June of 2012. Well, lo and behold, Andy turns out to be some psycho. Yeah. You see where I am going here??
I swear, it was not even a month later, and she was hot and heavy with Stephen. WTH?? She did not even mourn the loss of Andy. Now, a month into it and she is talking like Stephen is "the one." It is just insane! Am I that out of the loop? Is that how dating goes? And, do people have no values anymore? I mean, I am not a prude, but I would not be in the sack with a guy after like the 3rd date. I would want to get to know him. However, that seems to not be the case with V. She is sleeping over by like the 3rd date!
Oh, and I have I mentioned that V is 50????
I don't know. I guess that I am NOT that desperate for a relationship because I have watched and listened to her going through all of this BS for the past year and thought NO THANK YOU!!! First, it seems like too much of a hassle. Second, I have better morals/values than that. I respect myself more than that....
Maybe this explains just WHY I am single.....
Thursday, January 12, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
This made me laugh...I think I know V?? I have been seeing someone for over a year and we just barely said "I love you"...wow
Post a Comment