I have a friend who I have just had to keep my distance from lately. I don't know what the deal is, but she has been so dense when it comes to "getting" things. I am not the only one who has noticed this as I have another friend who has mentioned the same thing to me..
You see, this friend has no kids. However, she thinks that all of us can just do things at the drop of a hat. She thinks that the world kind of revolves around her and it is just getting to a point where it is driving me batty! No, I can't go to a movie on a Sunday afternoon. I have kids to tend to. Yet, late evenings don't work for her because she can't stay up late. WTF?? You are married with no kids. You can sleep in as late as you want. What is the problem??
We try to get together to do something on the one day when all of us have childcare and she cannot come because that is the night that she is working her second job. Sorry. 3 of us arranging childcare is way harder to coordinate than you working a BB game. Priorities...
I might sound like a grouch, but it just needs to be a two-way street. IMHO. Treat us as a priority and we will do the same. We often feel like second choice. So, we can't help but find ourselves wanting to return the feeling....
Monday, January 9, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment