Monday, January 28, 2008

RIP Dear Sweet Dylan

It is with a heavy heart that I write this post, but I feel that in some small way it pays a tribute to a terrific kid! When Tobey was born, there were many people that were "there" for me both emotionally and physically. Leslie was one of them. She was such an upbeat postive lady. Behind her was always Dylan. The cutest little guy I had seen with the GREATEST smile! Dylan was such a light in this world. Friendly, outgoing and the "socialite" of any situation. You just could not know Dylan and not love him. he was just that kind of kid...

Saturday, Dylan went to sleep. On Sunday, Leslie tried to wake him only to discover that he was gone. That sweet angel had been called back "home." The next few days will be just TERRIBLE for me and my family as Dylan's death hits REALLY close to home. You see, Dylan had spina bifida just like Tobey and that makes losing him even more scary to me and Tobey.

My heart is just broken and I just weep for Leslie at this rough time in her life.

Dylan was going to turn 16 in March. A light blown out way too soon...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear this, my friend! How awful! Sharing your sadness from across the miles and saying a prayer for Dylan's family tonight... and yours.

Sending you my warmest hugs ~ (((Jenn)))

Aimee said...

:o( Oh my...so sad! My heart breaks for Dylan & his family. I will keep them all in my heart and prayers. I can imagine Tobey taking this very hard. :o( Bless D, his family & friends...

t said...

I'm so sorry to hear this, Jenn. He sounds like such a sweet courageous boy. I will say a prayer for him.