The babysitter reports less crying today than yesterday, but my boy just is not as resiliant as my tough little female...
From the moment I walked in the door, he clung to me. Every once in a while he would just lay his head on my shoulder or he would just cry. Even when it was time to eat, he was not interested. This says a lot as Brennyn is my eater. Just sat in the highchair and cried his eyes out. Tears and all. Tears are a big deal for Brennyn as he does not have the drama skills of his sister who can just turn on the waterworks at a moment's notice. Finally, I took him out of the highchair and could get him to eat a little while I was holding him.
My poor guy is adjusting and I KNEW it would take time. My heart just breaks for him as I know that he is struggling and I do not like to see ANY of my children struggle/suffer.
Tonight, I will sneak in for an extra kiss and hug...
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Aw....my heart breaks for Brennyn. :o( That's his way of trying to communicate with you, that he's not too pleased with the current situation. I'm sure he will soon adjust and those tears will soon disappear. Let' hope!! He just loves his momma so much and wants you all to himself! :o)
Jenn, Brennyn will adjust soon. I think things like this are always harder for mom then the child. I'm thinking by next week he should be good!!
Awww, I am so sorry, Jenn! With a little one close to that age, I can feel for you, my friend. I'll send up some special 'get-adjusted-quick' prayers for sweet Brennyn (and you!) tonight, I promise!
(((Hugs))) and prayers for the babies this week.
Oh Jenn I'm so sorry you're going through this. Already we working moms feel enough guilt over being away from our kids, and then we worry so much about what is going on while we're away. It can be tough for them to adjust especially if they are used to being at home all day. Before long though he will consider it his 2nd home!
Post a Comment