Thursday, January 10, 2008

The very wealthy like to stand up

and tell us that "money is not everything and that it CANNOT buy happiness." That is easy to say when you have endless piles of it, but for the middle class it would buy a lot of happiness....

I have really come to this realization through a long relationship that I have had with my best friend of 9 years D. We have been through thick and thin with each other and it has been great to have someone in your corner who is battling for you. However, it has also been just a terrible reminder of how money limits our lives and the things that we are able to do. There have been so many situations that have come up in which I just WISHED that I could hop on a plane and visit her or vice versa. A gal needs her best friend by her side when she is dealing with some rough patches in her life and life is REAL hard when that just cannot happen....

So, D, please know that I have been thinking of you and would give anything to be able to buzz up there tomorrow and whisk you away for some mindless, relaxing girl time!

3 comments:

Aimee said...

Amen Jenn! Couldn't agree with you more! Sux eh? Guess we an start playing the lottery? lol

Twin Mommy said...

Oh Gosh!! You know I feel your pain. It might not buy happiness, but money could make a hole lot of things better!

I wish you lived closer. I would love to hang out with you and our 7 kids!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jenn, you are making me feel REALLY lucky that my best friend only lives 1.5 hours away! I thought THAT was tough! She & I have put a LOT of time into building our relationship in the past year and I am well aware just how valuable that is.

(((Hugs))) from my part of the world and I, too, am wishing you & I lived closer.