Saturday, April 12, 2008

Even the best laid plans just do not seem to work out...

Today was a beautiful day, and we had a GREAT plan to take pictures in the bluebonnets as it is a Texas tradition and we are tradition-like here...

We headed up to the Bluebonnet Festival. Saw BEAUTIFUL displays along the highway. Lots of people pulled over and we should have done it then, but NO. We decide to wait till AFTER the festival. Well, the festival was a crazy mob scene and everyone was beyond consoling by the time we hit the highway again (since it took us 45 minutes just to get out of the parking area)...So, here is the one and only picture that Tylor took...



Oh well, we will try again next year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are bluebonnets flowers? Yes, I am (still) an ignorant city girl...

Anyhow, I'm glad you got to have that time out with the kiddos ~ I so admire all these special trips y'all take! :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, I was sitting here thinking about bluebonnets... Flowers? Hats? Then I asked Craig, and he said 'margarine'! :oP