Sunday, September 13, 2009

Day 2 and the End of Phase 1

PhotobucketPhotobucket


The day began again bright and early. The felons were awakened by the youngsters of the establishment with happy squeals of glee as their room is usally off limits on the weekends. The wee ones were happy to jump on the criminals beds and shake them until the grouchily rose out of their beds to come and join the land of the living. They ate breakfast which they served themselves and began to continue working on the list of duties that was given to them at the beginning of the day yesterday.

At 9:00 AM, they were interrupted to get dressed for church. We all loaded up and went to church and Sunday School. They were reminded how very lucky they were that they were able to go and speak to God and ask for forgiveness for what they had done. Today was Communion and that was another blessing for them and I was sure to remind them of that! When church was through, we came home and everyone had lunch after which the twins and myself went down for a nap. The boys continued to work on their list of items that they needed to complete. They knew that they only had till 7 PM to finish everything or there would be dire consequences and after the weekend they had been through they did not DARE test me to see just WHAT dire was going to entail!

I woke from my short nap with a killer migraine that I felt coming on all morning and the STRONG desire to want to just pack everyone up and head out for dinner. BUT, I knew that I was making a very important point here and that I could NOT take the criminals out to eat. So, I sucked it up and made up a pot of homemade spaghetti, sausage and garlic bread. They broke for dinner and then resumed work right after. At approximately 6:23 PM, Inmate A and Inmate B came to me to report that all of the duties on their lists had been completed. Well, I'll be darned! They actually survived Phase 1. Good for them. They were in bed at 7 PM again and BOTH of them fell right asleep...:)

Tomorrow is the first day of their school consequences and Phase 2 which is where I see how well they can follow commands left for them with me NOT right there watching and re-directing...

1 comment:

t said...

Oh Jenn, I am reading all about your little inmates and their cutting school. Now, I totally see why you are upset and it seems to me you are taking all the right precautions and showing them how serious this is! I would be furious too if my boys pulled this. I really hope they learn a lesson about trust in all this and that you get a handle on their truancy.

That said, I will say that, we've all done it. I was the biggest goody goody in high school and my best friend at the time was also, she was Salutatorian and I was on the honor roll every semester. We never drank or did anything bad. BUT, we DID cut school. Quite often over the years. We even had a contest one year who could miss the most days. And we both turned out fine.

Not making excuses for your kids but I was wondering if you looked into why they are doing it. Is it to play video games or is the work too hard or are they being bullied? In my case I felt I was being bullied and that is what caused me to skip school. And, I enjoyed watching soap operas, lol. I just wondered if you got the root cause of it, which it sounds like you did with the video games, etc.

Just know youare a GREAT MOMMY and it's not your fault, it's just something kids do and I know you will get through this. HUGS, JENN!