
It is coming.....
Not so much with Taylar. Things are never the same with Taylar. However, I am seeing it with the boys. My relationship with them in changing. They are teens now. They no longer think that spending time with me is cool, the "attitude" is there, and other things are creeping up. Now, none of this is new. I have seen these things brewing for a few months, but I have just stopped living in the beautiful land of DENIAL and admitted to myself that my older kids are young adults now...
It is a VERY sad thing for me as it also symbolizes the beginning of ther path towards independence. I know, I know. We bitch and moan when they are younger that we CANNOT wait till they can just "do this by themselves," or " get up on their own," etc. Now that I am staring down the road that will lead to college and 3 of my kids moving on, it is a little scary. My world as I know it will CHANGE so much. I am NOT good with change. NEVER HAVE BEEN... I will miss their mean, nasty, teenage selves.
Who will I yell at?
Who will I ground?
Who will raise my blood pressure?
Who will I check on while they sleep like I have for so many years?
I am so NOT READY for this change.....


2 comments:
Growing up is so bittersweet. I think most teens though go through the whole my mom is un-cool phase. Wait until after college and they start to see what life is really like. You'd be surprised at how many turn back to mom. Hopefully the time in between won't be too bad.
Post a Comment