Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Pelzer Penitentiary (Opening Day)

Wow...I do not even know where to begin with these two boys of mine....???

13 years old...

I think that I lost a few seconds of my life when I listened to the voicemail from the AP of McDonald Junior Highschool telling me how very concerned they were that my boys were "out again today." He went on to state that this "brought Tylor's absences for the year up to 5 and Tobey's up to 6."

Really?? Come again??

Because last time I checked, Tylor had missed NO days of school and Tobey just the 2 that I knew about. I mean, come on, we had only been in school for 14 days thus far this year.... Oh no, he confirmed what he had said with a follow-up email. Yes, Friday was the 3rd day IN A ROW this week that my boys had not been at school!!! I was leaving for work in the morning with them dressed an ready and just ASSUMING (I guess that was MY mistake) that they were heading off to school like they ALWAYS have!

After repeated calls to the house with no answer (I pretty much assumed this would happen as they KNOW when they see Alief ISD WHO it is, but we are talking about 2 idiots who thought they could skip school and get away with it here...), I gave the AP and a district police officer permission to go to my house and GO INSIDE to bring their a$$e$ to school. They did this and made them walk to the school as Tobey's chair could not fit in the police car...

When they arrived home yesterday, the Penitentiary opened for business. I came home at 5 and called for their sister. She was loaded with the twins into the car and taken to the restaurant of her choice. The boys did NOT know this and had NO CLUE where we were going and when we would be back. As I pulled away, I gave them a call to let them know that there was peanut butter in the pantry and then hung up. When we got back, it was B & B's bedtime. I put B & B in bed and then took and empty box with me into T & T's room. I removed EVERY electronic item that they own. I disconnected the cable box and XBOX. All items were carried into my room and I said goodnight as I walked out and turned their lights off. Enough talking for that day. Now, I was going to let them wonder just WHAT was ahead for them.....

1 comment:

Clara said...

Ooooo...I wasn't aware of the cops retrieving them and walking them to school. Now THAT was a good one. I'll have to store it for future use (although let's hope I won't have too!)