Wednesday, March 12, 2008

An example of a typical "vacation" day for me!

Pretty safe to say that me taking a "vacation" day looks A LOT different that your average Jane...

Started off at 7...All kids up and off to school...Wait, not Tobey as he is still sick...

Out of the house by 7:45 to get to the twins 15 month check-up and to sneak Tobey in to be looked at too...Twins look GREAT...Brennyn is 24 (52 %) lbs and 33.5 (98 %) inches tall. Baylee is 22 (50%) lbs and 33 (97%) inches tall...Doc looks at Tobey and swabs his throat...Positive for Strep...B & B have throats that are a little red, so we leave with antibiotics for all 3 and Dr Z telling me to go ahead and just "call" when the other two get it...Do you notice that he did not say "if?"

Drop Tobey off at the house and the twins off at the sitter at 10:30. Guess that means that I am going to be late for my 10:30 dental appointment.

Arrive at the dentist at 10:40. Dentist is very nice and proceeds to tell me that the tooth in the very back that has been bothering me is absessed to the roots. "When I press on it, puss comes out." Great doc. Thanks for sharing... He then stabs me 6 times to attempt to numb the tooth telling me that "Teeth do not numb well when the roots are absessed and you could possibly feel when I extract it." Ummmm, what? No way! I am DEATHLY afraid of the dentist as it is which is why my teeth are having so many problems as I have put it off for so long. He ends up getting the tooth out pain-free and sending me on my way.

I get home at 12:30 and HAVE to try and get a little rest so that I can think for my interview at 4:45...I give Tobey his antibiotic and lay down. I have to say that I did get 2 GOOD hours of rest which I REALLY needed since I have slept so little of late.

I wake up and do a little cleaning, laundry etc. until Tylor and Taylar and twinkies arrive home.

I get dresssed and ready to go and 4. Tylor arrives home at 4:15. He proceeds to tell me that his throat is killing him. I administer antibiotics to the twins and call the ped to alert him of Tylor's condition.

Out of the door at 4:15 for an interview in my area which would just be so convenient for me rather than my current school 45 minutes away. The principal is VERY nice and the interview proceeds VERY well. I walk out at 5:10 pleased and hopeful that I will get a call back...

At 5:20, I arrive home and fix dinner for the kids. Throw another load of laundry in and spend some "quality" time with B & B. Pharmacy rings during this time to tell me that Tylor's RX is ready.

At 7, the babies go to bed. I run out to get Tylor's script and Taylar and Tylor's items for the "Spring Party" on Friday. Zip through the drive-thru at the pharmacy, and run into the grocery store for needed items.

Home by 7:45. Administer antibiotic to Tylor and sit down and have a little supper myself. My mouth is killing me and I am getting REALLY annoyed that the dentist told me that Motrin should be sufficient for the pain. Yeah...Sure...You just yanked out an infected molar and Motrin will cover it. Tell me another one...

Just another day off work for a single momma of 5!! Back to work tomorrow for a day of work which is less stressful than my vacation days!

4 comments:

Care said...

Oh geeze, doesn't it just figure that it's strep - at least it's treatable. Ugh! Glad to hear the interview went well. I hope you get that call back!!!!! And ouch on the tooth! That sounds painful.

Anonymous said...

LOL, I enjoyed hearing about your day "off"... Now you need another day to recover from your "break"! :) I know you wouldn't have it any other way, though, you teacher, counselor, mom-of-many! So glad the interview was promising and woo-hoo on the twinkies' stats ~ sounds like they're practically twice the size of my little missy!

Aimee said...

Oh Jenn, your day sounds so tyipical to what I have to go through sometimes. Draining! Sorry about your tooth! I'm surprised he did not give you Vicadin or seomthign stronger? You had a tooth pulled!! Than you went to your interview after a tooth pull? You go girl!! Glad the intreview went well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you get a call back soon!!!

t said...

At first I thought I wrote this! My "days off" are all about appointments and doing errands, it's more relaxing at the office!

I would call back and try to get Percocet or something, that's painful. Here's hoping you get the job, keep us posted!