The people around me, those that I considered to be friends and family, have really let me down...
I have gotten more words of support from my long distance friends than my local. I am almost ashamed to admit to people that I have had 0, yes 0 people come by. I cannot believe that this has happened. Everyone seems to be calling Kim and worrying about Kim. WTF is that all about? Kim was NOT close to Mom nor has she lived with her in about 20 years. Yet, she is the one that people are worried and concerned with..?? 4 people have sent flowers to her house, several have brought over food for her and her family. Me...NOTHING! Not one flower, not one burger, NOTHING! I have so many folks who are within 20 minutes of me and yet NO ONE has popped over just to check-in. What I would do for someone to just come and keep me company while I fold the laundry! Or, just someone to sit and have dinner with us so that there is one more adult to add to the conversation...Or perhaps just sit and watch a video after the kids are in bed...Nothing huge, just the presence of another adult would be nice...Just confirms the feelings that I have. I TRULY am alone. No doubt about that!
Thank you to all of my far away pals who have sent cards and called. Your support and love is felt through the miles and means so much to me at this time...
And to think that this nightmare that I am in started at this time EXACTLY one week ago. If I had just known what was going to unfold in the next 24 hours....
Saturday, March 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
WOW, Jenn, that is mind-boggling and truly hurts my heart. I'd be crazy excited to spend the evening with you!
Pondering this a little... is it possible that people see you as some sort of "Super Woman" ~ the teacher/mom of 5? I know sometimes people think moms-of-many must be so used to handling large tasks that they never need any outside help or support. Not saying this is what's going on, but it makes me wonder...
Anyhow, I'm so sorry. What you say makes so much sense. You need adult company, a listening ear, just the physical *presence* of a friend right now!
((( HUGS ))) So wishing I could be that for you.
Your post reminds me of this quote:
"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." ~Martin Luther King, Jr.
I'm really sorry you are having to endure this alone. I think that some people like to give "easy" help. Meaning, if they offer Kim support, they won't be making a commitment. If they offer you help, God forbid, you might ask them to do something for the kids, etc.
Continued prayers.
Oh Jenn...unbelievable, that would totally upset me too. That is so not right. (((huge hugs))) I mean you are the single mom alone with the 5 kids, not to mention your mom lived with YOU. I can only imagine how much hurt & solitude you must be feeling. I wish I could be there for you and give you a big hug. I would definitely take you and the kids out for dinner and some fun! Hope things get better for you Jenn! Sending lots of love and support your way!!
Oh Jenn,
Totally sucks. Like I said last night, I cannot believe how people are ignoring you. Pleaseknow that if I didn't have twins, and I had money (LOL) I would be more then honored to come and help you fold clothes while watching a movie, infact, I think we would have to make it a weekly thing.
I luv ya girl!!
It makes you wonder what they are thinking. Wow - I'm so sorry that those around you are so clueless as to the impact on you. You've lost your mother, your roommate, your childcare helper, your friend. Which is not to belittle others feelings of loss...but you two were connected in so many more ways.
Hugs. Hang in there. If it weren't a three day drive, I'd have visited by now :) .
Oops - Sunset Meadows is me, Susan. Sorry...forgot to switch accounts before logging in.
I'm so sorry that people are so insensitive, Jenn. Were I there, I would be over with food pronto, I would bring my twins and my laundry and we'd sit there together chatting amongst the chaos and clothes.
I'm sorry Jenn. {{{Hugs}}} I would be hurt and disappointed as well by the lack of support.
Post a Comment