Thursday, April 10, 2008

And, the year of DOOM continues...

2008 has just been the worst year ever, and just when I think that I have reached the lowest of lows, something else decides to smack me in the face and show me otherwise....

There are just over 1000 kids in my building and around 100 teachers. today, it has to be one of MY students who decides to pass out. It was so scary. She just slumped over and fell to the floor. The scariest part was that we could not get her to "come to." The nurse tried "smelling salts" and everything else to no avail. We ended up calling 911 and they took her away on a stretcher hooked up to oxygen. Sheesh. I definitely did not see that one coming and was so freaked out! I will say that I held it together for the kids and they all remained calm. Then, I broke down when they left and I thought about what had just happened...

Last I heard, they were keeping her overnight for tests and obervation. She had eventually come to and that is a relief. Please say an extra prayer for Hai tonight. She is a really good, sweet girl, and I hope to see her smiling face in my room again REAL soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh noooo, that must've been SO SCARY! I would've totally freaked! You must feel as though you are on adrenaline overload, my friend... I'm so sorry and I will definitely say a prayer for her full recovery.

((( BIGGEST HUGS ))) ~ love you, hon!

Mirz said...

Oh, how scary! Have you gotten any news how she is doing?