Sunday, April 27, 2008

Road trip anyone???

So, Tobey's instructors are really pumped up. They think that Tobey has a chance to be the World Champion in his age group of taekwondo. Yes, #1 kiddo in wheelchair form! Who woulda thunk??? To accomplish this, he needs to accumulate enough points. That means gong to enough tournaments. Well, tournament season is almost ending so the tournaments are not all nearby. The one this weekend was in Denham Springs, Louisiana. Only a 5 hour drive from my house. So, Ashley was here and I asked if she would mind taking a trip? She said no so we packed up the kiddos on Friday after work and headed on out to Louisiana. Thr trip went fairly well. A few stops for peeing and snacks and dinner and gas was not my plan, but kids will be kids...Kids got a bit fussy, but nothing major for a car filled with 6 and 3 of them being 3 and under. We hit Denham Springs at around 11 PM and everyone was ready to sleep. When I went to check in to the hotel where I had made reservations. The lady behind the counter proceeds to tell me that I am set for TOMORROW! Huh? Yes, apprently the incompetent man who set up my reservations made them for Saturday instead of Friday. Hello? I got the special ATA discount for the Saturday tournament. Why would I check in after it was over??? So, we get back into the car and get a room in a hotel just down the street...

Note to self: Do NOT ever plan to go over night somewhere with twins who have never slept in anything but cribs at home and portable cribs at the sitter and think that they will just crash in a regular bed...NOPE. I think that the adults got a total of 1 hour sleep as they just could not settle. If it was not one, it was the other. NIGHTMARE!!!

We got up and Tobey and I headed to the tournament. Tobey rocked again! He kicked all of their cajun butts!!! First place in sparring, form and even weapons (first time that he has ever competed in this area). We left with 3 big trophies and headed home...

On our way home, is Battleship Texas. Tylor noticed this on the way there and made SURE to point it out. Since he is all about WWII, this was just so cool...We thought that we would visit if we had time. Well, we really should have done some PREPARING before we went. Had we done that, we would have known that Saturday was "re-enactment day." That meant TONS of people. We were all so pooped, but we found a spot and made the treck up to the ship. Tylor was in awe and just so happy. He explored the ship from top to bottom and left a happy boy. As tired as we were, it was nice to see Tylor so happy to be able to see something that meant so much to him...

Tylor just could not contain his excitement!


The littles were not nearly as excited....


"Look Mom, I am manning the guns!"

6 comments:

Care said...

What an awesome road trip! Way to go Tobey!!!!

Aimee said...

Awesome Jenn! How wonderful of you to take the kids on a road trip!

Hip Hip Hurray for Tobey! very impressive indeed!

Twin Mommy said...

You guys are crazy!!

Congrats to Tobey for doing so well!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jenn, that is just AMAZING and AWESOME -- please tell Tobey that Craig & I are following his progress and that we're thrilled to hear this!

t said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
t said...
This comment has been removed by the author.