Terri and Liam decided to head down from Nebraska and meet the Pelzer family. Yup, Terri packed up her little guy and headed down for a mere 14 hour drive to see Houston. After a misguided journey (thank you Mapquest) that took them to Arkansas, they made it here in 17 hours. We had a blast hanging out at the park, the zoo, and just having some fun adult conversation at dinner, etc...
Here are a few pics from the weekend. Thanks again to Terri and Liam for coming down and brightening our weekend! It was so fun!
These guys are really 2 peas in a pod!
Baylee really took a liking to Miss Terri!
The Mery-Go-Round was a first for all 3 babies!
Wiped out from a busy weekend...
It was so nice to be able to hang out with someone that I had so much in common with. It was like we had known each other for years even though we never had met in person before this. I thoroughly enjoyed my weekend. The only regret that I have is that I wish that we had been able to have a little more time, but you take whatever you can get, right? Next time, I want to meet Luke too!


7 comments:
Oh! Oh! Oh! That sounds SO fun! And SO exciting! And I am SO jealous!
You are so, so blessed to have a visit from a friend like that!!! And, truly, it speaks *volumes* about the kind of person you are that someone would travel such a distance to see you. How incredibly special!
Now how many hours is it from DC to Houston? Probably cheaper to fly than drive my 12 mpg van!
TFS. Sounds like you had a great time! So wonderful to have friends in your life who make the time to be *really* be there for you. (((HUGS)))
We had a great weekend, Jenn! I loved the zoo and our babies were great on the carousel. And those drinks at Swampees were VERY FINE too! That's by far the best bloody mary I've ever had. We will definitely be back to see you again sometime (next time we will FLY though) :)
I think it's wonderful that you are meeting up with your internet buddies! Hopefully I can be one of them soon! ;o) I know it was well worth the long haul for Terri & Liam! :o) So happy you all had a great time together!
Fun fun fun! I've had a great time meeting online friends, and I'm glad everyone had a great time.
how fun! glad it all turned out so well!
Sad what a difference 2 1/2 yrs can make though. Yup, I'm one of the "friends" that Jenn has dumped, despite all my efforts over the years to be a caring friend. Yeah, and with no reason, either, her twinmommy friend broke the news to me on our internet board. Nice, eh? With all the friends I've seen her drop via the posts I've read for 3 yrs, I guess it shouldn't be a surprise...but still hurts although I truly feel there is NO ONE who is ever going to "care" enough or "be there" enough...
Post a Comment