Tuesday, April 8, 2008

You really can NOT be serious!!

Those were the EXACT words that I spoke to the school nurse when she phoned me in my classroom today to let me know that Taylar had "Nits" in her hair. WTH?? This has been just a hideous year of illness in my house. Pink-eye, Strep throat, and now Nits. She tried to console me with the comment that "there were no live lice." Oh, OK. Life will go on. So, on my way home, I buy 2 boxes of lice treatment. Strip all 6 beds, wash 5 heads. Comb out Taylar's hair in between cooking dinner, washes dishes and washing all of the linens...As I brush, I begin to doubt what the nurse saw. My kids all have VERY dry scalps and tend to get dandruff which is all that I saw in Taylar's hair. Everything that I touched, flaked right off and lice/nits do not do that. They stick to the hair follicle and have to be pulled off. Oh well, a little extra cleaning will not hurt. I will be sure that I let the nurse know of my findings. Just in case, I am off to wash my hair. Better safe than sorry...

I angered the God of Good Karma somehow. If anyone has ANY advice on how I can remedy my situation and get some of that good karma back, that would be GREAT!

Here is the gang being treated. No one was very happy about this whole situation. Neither was Mommy!





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH NO!!!!!!!!! GAAAAASP! (Thinking of the 'faint' icon at LOK...) My dearest friend, no, a thousand times, NO!!! How can this be??? And I think this might be the first time I have ever literally 'cracked up' right out loud at the computer!!! Those pictures! (I just heard Bethany say from the other room, "Oh no ~ what's wrong with mom???")

The pictures are absolutely *priceless*!!!

Ummmm... (trying unsuccessfully to come up with some inspiring words...) When it rains, it pours? (Build an ark?) When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on? LOL How 'bout, "It didn't come to stay ~ it came to pass!" (had a minister that always used to say that ~ drove me crazy)

Dearest Jenn, I am sending you the biggest, warmest hugs imaginable!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I just called Bethany & Katie to see the pics and now they are cracking up, too!!!

Serene said...

God of Good Karma? I have heard that sacrificing your liver with about 10 jello shots helps! If not, you're still feeling no pain. Call me if you want to prove that theory...we used to do that, remember? It's been so long. Hang tough and keep a smile on your face chickie!!

Aimee said...

Sorry about Taylor's nits or if it really was? Looks like you look immediate action and covered all the territory. Awesome Jenn! Adorable pictures!! hehehe I love the one of Tobey & Baylee! :o)

t said...

That one of Brennyn is a hoot and a half. I will try to BRING good karma your way soon!

Ellie said...

I saw your lost and then say this article and HAD to post the link to you:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/opinion/tired-of-all-the-endless-nitpicking/2008/04/09/1207420478939.html

Good luck with getting rid of teh buggers! And fx against a speedy reinfectation!

Joanna (joanna_nz)