Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Bees Part 3

You just thought that they were gone, didn't ya?

Oh no...We watched them swarm all weekend and well beyond the 2-3 days that the beekeeper said it would take. Finally, when Porter got stung on the head, we had had enough and called and left a message. The keeper called on Monday and said that he would be out here on Tuesday. When he came out, he was baffled. First, we seem to have some sick whacked out hybrid of angry bees. Yes, our bees were so bitter and mad that the keeper did not want to take them with him. Second, he was shocked to discover that, in just a week's time, the bees had built a hive as big as a watermelon. Yes. Apparently, in addition to be some freaky hybrid, they are also super bees. Capable of building new hives in the blink of an eye.

Pesticide was sprayed and the original kindness that the keeper had for his buzzing friends went out the window and the chemicals came out. Now, our porch and windowsill look like Jonestown the morning after. However, I still see a few of the stinging pests and cannot help but wonder if there will be a part 4 to this story..?? Only time will tell....

5 comments:

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

How did the job interview go today?

Heather

Unknown said...

Peeking in to say I love your new header. The peas in a pod are great~

Mirz said...

Oops, that was me above. I was logged-on to my boss's account. *blush*

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry ~ it's just so funny, the way you tell it!

Hoping all the freaky hybrids are long gone (for good) ASAP!

Anonymous said...

PS: I love the header, too ~ it's darling!