Friday, May 30, 2008

The BEES Part 4.....I AM SERIOUS!!!!

Yes...You just thought that I was DONE talking about the bees. WRONG!!!

The beekeeper did not make it out at the end of last week like he said, so we politely phoned him this week and told him that we needed him to check out the scene as we were STILL seeing some of our stinging psychotic roommates....

Ummm...How do I say this??? Let me just quote the beekeeper. "This is the largest hive that I have removed this season." Yes. Those were his EXACT words....

When he came the second time, he saw a small hole just above the small hive that the bees had rebuilt. He watched it and saw no bees coming in or out of it so thought that it was nothing. This time, he decided to pull that actual piece of wood off and see if there was anything behind it. "It is extremely rare that bees build more than one hive as they like to maintain the temperature in their hive and that is too hard if there is more than one." Oh huh. I see... What he disocovered was a hive even bigger than the first one. Yes. There was 150 pounds of hive STILL in my house. If you have been keeping up, that brings the grand total to 300 lbs of hive that has been removed from my house.

I am really not sure what message I am supposed to get from this. What lesson am I supposed to learn? Watch out for psychotic hybrid bees? Bees are really not our friends? Bees WILL take over your house if you let them? The side of a house can hold an astronomical amount of beehive without he humans seeing even one bit of it? Tolerance of insects and the stings that they inflict on my family? I do not know, but I do KNOW that I am tired of bees. I cannot even watch the "Bee Movie" without wanting to run in terror. I will forever feel different towards the flying nuisances that I have battled for so long now. I just wonder when/if our fight will ever end..??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMGosh, you canNOT be serious ~ 300# of beehive? I am having trouble even picturing such a thing. Good grief, girl, like you needed this... all I can say is think of Job and all he went through ~ surely better times are coming if you only hang on.

Hanging on with you... ((( HUGS ))) & love to you, my dear. :)