Monday, May 5, 2008

"Temple? Temperature?"

No Taylar...It is called a tampon.

This was my discussion with my daughter yesterday. You see, she got her period, yet still wanted to swim. I did not want to go down the tampon road this young with a spectrum kid, but figured what the hey? I explained what it was and that she could not swim on her period unless she used one. So, she was a bit doubtful. Then, she decided that her to desire to swim was stronger than her fear and asked me to show her how.

Well, let me say that is not something that I ever want to have to do again! When all was said and done, she had a tampon in and was swimming....

The fun of raising a girl just goes on and on....

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Oh Jenn... I'm not looking forward to this day!! lol Glad she handled it well and was back swimming! :o)

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Ok, THIS made me laugh. I'm just recalling my own experience in 7th grade when my neighborhood girlfriend told me how to use a tampon.....I'm glad we made friends w/each other. I linked to you on MY blog. Stay in touch.

Heather