You see...Mother nature has decided that I have not had enough one on one time with her kind in 2008. So, she has made sure that I will appreciate all that she can and cannot do for humans....
Bring in the bees. Yes, I said bees. A couple of months ago, I noticed that there were slightly more bees than I usually see. Thought NOTHING of it. Then, I look up out of the kitchen window one day while I am washing dishes and I see IT! IT was a SWARM of the friendly little honey-makers.
For a while, we lived in harmony and they really did not bother us that much and we treated them with the same kindness. OK, except for the few times, at sundown, that I tried to spray them with wasp spray to get them to leave my house...Well, the new pool has become the item that has caused our two worlds to collide. You see, the humans ACTUALLY think that the pool is for them to enjoy and use for recreational purposes. On the other hand, the bees think that the pool is for them to gather water to bring to their hive. The two parties are not getting along too well and now the bees must vacate the premises....
I have called the bee people. The bee people are one interesting group of individuals. They think that the goal of getting the bees out is protecting the bees. Huh??? I must have been told 20 times that "I should not worry as no bees will be harmed." Ummmm...Dude. I hate to be real honest, but I do not care about the bees. If you had to drop an atomic bomb in their hive to nuke and off all of them, I would NOT be distraught about it. I just want them gone. However, I was being kind-hearted (or just too tired to think of a comeback) and said that was "great."
They will be over on Wednesday to pull off the siding of my home, smoke the bees (in an uncruel way) into a box, and take all of them and their hive with them... All for the bargain price of $285. Wow! The price we pay to be kind to the bees...
Friday, May 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Oh my goodness! When it rains, it pours, doesn't it?! So glad to hear no bees will be harmed (egads) in the bee removal process. :-p You need a relaxing vacation....say, about 8 hours North.
ROFL! Sorry, but that is too funny! And, dear friend, you are not alone in your distress. We've got a band of beavers (or whatever a group of them is known as) leaving holes all over the lawn that DH is trying in vain to manicure this spring!
Post a Comment