Friday, March 21, 2008

Day 4: "Horton Hears a Who" and a little treat for Mommy

Today we joined Terri and her sons to see "Horton Hears a Who." The triplets thoroughly enjoyed it, and I was quite pleased with the message that they walked away with. "A person is a person no matter how small." I could not agree more! Now, this was the first movie for the twins, and they did not fair so well, but that was OK as their siblings were allowed to enjoy it and I got my exercise chasing them around outside of the theater!

We then spent dinner with a long-time friend who was in town and did some catching up. It was nice to be able to chat with her as we have always considered her family and have missed her a great deal since her move to Colorado.

After dinner, I dropped the kids off and headed back out with Vicki to the rodeo. Tonight was Dierks Bentley and she had an extra ticket that she offered to me. The show was GREAT! It was the first time that I have headed out alone since Mom died, and it was nice and relaxing to have some "adult" fun. I called the kids several time to check on them, and as ALWAYS Tylor proved what a responsible young man he is!

I cannot believe that our week is just about over...

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Glad you had a wonderful time with your friend!! Tylor is a wonderful young man to be able to hold the fort down!! I'm glad you are enjoying your Spring break!!!

t said...

You are so fortunate to have Tylor! It's great to be able to go out alone sometimes and rejuvinate. I'm so glad you are able to get out and enjoy some kid-free time. Taking the twins to a theater--you are brave!