Friday, March 21, 2008

Day 5: The Houston Zoo and Hermann Park Train

We ended the week with a perfect sight for my house. ANIMALS! I often feel like I am in a zoo, so if was quite a comfortable atmosphere. It was a gorgeous day with temps in the 70s and a nice breeze. Everyone enjoyed themselves and we agreed that this has been "The Best Spring Break Ever" which is just what I hoped for when the week started! Of course, I am completely exhausted and will return to work on Monday feeling not a bit more rested than before, but it was well worth it. My children's happiness means the world to me!!!

The kids thought that the koala was most like Baylee...



Since Brennyn is our "monkey," the kids felt this guy was the closest resemblance in its actions...



2 of my handsome boys enjoying the day...





Just CANNOT get a good pic of all 5...I have tried all week! AAHHHHHH!





Oh well! I have tried and you can't fault me for that. I feel sorry for the poor photographer who will take on that task this summer!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree ~ "Best Spring Break Ever," and you also oughta win an award for "Most Activities in a Single Week and the Mom is Still Standing"! (You ARE still standing, aren't ya?) LOL

And what do you mean that you "can't get a good pic of all 5"?! I think the pics are FABULOUS! We've been enjoying each & every one! From your handsome Tylor and sweet Taylar, to Tobey (I feel as if I can see right through his eyes to his heart & soul, Jenn ~ he seems SO very sweet & sensitive); to Brennyn & his BEAUTIFUL bright blue eyes, and the little sweetie my kids have taken to calling 'Baylee-Chop' (since they think she bears a resemblance to Helena, mostly known around here as 'Lamb Chop' ~ don't ask).

Anyhow, I think all the pics have been fantastic ~ they make me feel like a part of your family! :) :) :)

Mirz said...

I agree with Lisa. You have been dynamo-mom this week!

I think the pictures are awesome! But, I can relate to wanting to get just *one* shot where everyone is looking at the camera, smiling, and not doing something goofy. LOL! Ah, the challenges of life with lots of kids.

I LOL'd when I saw the koala and monkey pictures as depictions of the twinkies.

Here's to hoping you get a little rest this weekend for the return to the trenches on Monday.

Aimee said...

I bet you are exhausted with a fun filled week of activities for the kids!! Your a wonderful momma and the kids will not forget it!! Great pix too!!! Hopw your week back o work is smooth and not too overwhelming! Have a happy & relaxing Easter! :o)

t said...

I swear I don't know how you do it, Jenn! Taking the 5 everywhere, you are brave. I was exhausted just taking the twins to the egg hunt. Their lives are so full--you really made their spring break special.