So, I get this email 2 weeks ago....
Good morning, Jennifer,
Mrs. Farris received your resume for a counselor position. She will be the Principal at the new Elementary #30 in Katy. She has already begun the interview process and would like to schedule an interview with you.
Please contact me to set up an interview. At this particular time, I have some openings on Thursday, 3/13 in the afternoon.
Thank you for your interest.
(The new school is located on North Mason Rd. near Morton – behind Morton Ranch Jr. and Sr. High Schools)
Pam Berger
Secretary
Roosevelt Alexander Elementary
I was thrilled and responded....
Hi Pam! Just wanted to send you an email from my work address so you could have it.
I was wondering if I could come at 5 on Thursday. If that is too late, please let me know and I will do what I can to get out of here early.
Thank you for your response-
Jennifer Pelzer
She then responded...
This week has turned out to be very busy since Mrs. Farris and I have to pack up. We also have Open House. So, perhaps we can schedule something after Spring Break.
Pam
I politely responded...
Hello! Welcome back. Hope you had a nice relaxing spring break!
I was just wondering if I would set up my interview with Mrs. Farris?
Thank you for your time and response-
Jennifer Pelzer
THIS is what I got....
Jennifer -
Thank you for your interest, but we won’t be contacting you for an interview. We wish you the best with your search.
Pam Berger
What the heck is that??? OMG! I was so floored and so upset. How can anyone treat someone like that? Drag me along for 2 weeks and then dismiss me like that? They were the ones that contacted me first and then had the nerve to act annoyed... I am really hesitant to take a job in a district that would treat potential employees like that...
UGH...
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
I agree, that is totally GROSS!!! I would be SO irate! "We won't be contacting you for an interview" -- WHY NOT?! After initiating the matter with you, now she doesn't even have the decency (or guts) to explain the change of plans!
I am so sorry, my friend, but I am still confident that something better will come your way... good things just have a way of happening to good people in due time, if they persevere. And I KNOW you're a fighter, one who hangs tough in life... that's one of the things I admire most about you.
((( HUGS tonight )))
SERIOUSLY?? I cannot believe that?!?! So much for Katy schools...sometimes it is better to teach in the ecomnomically disadvantaged areas than deal with all the politics of "better areas". Something will come along for you. Anyone would be blessed to have you...you have touched the lives of so many children (even though we wished we could have touched their necks with our bare hands) haha! Keep your chin up...the Lord will provide and you know what they say about unanswered prayers. We look forward to seeing you guys on Sunday at Ethan's birthday! Smooches!
Oh goodness, I know this ALL TOO WELL! Jim has had similar situations and it is just plain frustrating. People call, start dialogue, and then silence. Many prayers that something better is out there waiting for you!
OMG Jenn, that is so rude & unprofessional if you ask me!! After dragging you on like that, she ends it with a couple sentences of reject with absolutley no explanation? UGH!!
So sorry you got treated this way. I'm hopeful that the right job will be calling for you! ;o)
Wow, that response sounds so cold! I'm sorry this didn't work out Jenn - and I hope that another good opportunity arises soon.
Post a Comment