(his personality that is) by bullies....
There is NOTHING I can do...
Sorry to be such a bummer, but I just need to vent somewhere.
My Tylor is such a sweet, caring, and kind young man. He always has been. However, I have been watching that beautiful side of him slowly slip away. He is being bullied by the kids at school and it reached maximum levels yesterday.
Someone tried to cut in front of Tylor when they were loading the bus. He said something to her and she got in line behind him. When they got on the bus, she shoved him into the seat and started to punch him. She was just hitting him nonstop. He was hysterical when he got home and had red marks all over him.
He then said something that broke my heart. "Mom, I do not feel safe at school." A teacher NEVER wants to hear this come out of her, or any other, child's mouth.
I am just heartbroken. I have watched my son go from a straight A student to what he is now. His most recent report card consisted of 2 Ds and 1 C which is literally unheard of for Ty. He is so concerned with what the kids will say to him that he has trouble focusing on school work and his grades show it. I love that boy so much and I do not want to see any of this happen.
I feel so trapped. I want to move, but cannot afford it. He needs to get away from these kids. Just a few things that have been said to my 11 year-old...
"Cracker"
"Gay"
"Ugly boy with freckles"
"You stink"
My soul just longs for peace for my sweet boy....
Thursday, May 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Ah...the ugly world of teenage bullies. Isn't it just grand? Children are so mean to each other. I can send Em to break some knee caps for you. But seriously, Jenn - you can only do so much for him now. He has to fight this battle on his own. He is such a sweet boy...he was so nice when I came up to watch the kids...very kind and thoughtful and so giving to his younger sibs. He WILL perservere even though it doesn't look like that now. The most you can do is inform the school (good luck with that one) and try your best to mend his soul when he gets home. Love you and call me if you need to talk. Go Ty...keep your chin up and stick in there!! Love you guys!!
I'm so sorry he is dealing with this. As a child who was tormented/bullied at his age, I think you really need to get him out of there... no matter how you do it. I'm so sorry he is going through this. It's just not fair.
CC
I hope him being away from these kids over the summer helps. I would not take him out of there, I would try to work with his school and also the parents of these kids, and consider driving him to school if that is possible. I wrote you a huge email on this and on the board, Jenn. We adore Tylor. He's Liam's "big brother" and we are pulling for him, he's such a sweet boy.
Oh Jenn...that has got to be heartbreaking to see your child hurting. :o( Tylor is soo sweet and a little gentleman. I hope he will just ignore the mean and insensitive bullies!!! Is it possible you talk to the parents of these bullies and try to get it stopped?
I agree to go to the parents, although don't be surprised if they act clueless or unconcerned. It's worth it on the chance that they MIGHT rein their children in and set these young people straight.
I just HATE to hear this, knowing what a special young man he is... truly hurts my heart for him AND you, my friend.
((( HUGS ))) and praying for your family, as always.
Post a Comment