Tuesday, May 6, 2008

It really hurts when a friend lets you down...

Wow...Someone that has been my friend for a long time has really let me down and it stings... I do not know how to handle it and it is so hard. She asked me if she could be honest and I said yes. My fault there. What she said floored me. Her perspective was NOT what I thought it would be. The two of us have seen eye to eye on so many things over the years. I just did not think that she would be so polar opposite on this issue. I have not said a word since she sent the email and I do not know when/how I will. Bottom line is this: I am hurt and upset. She is my friend and I should be able to accept criticism from her, but this just felt different. Maybe I am too sensitive? I don't know. I just need time to think this over and decide how I will proceed. STRANGER things have happened, but when it happens with a long-time friend it hits a place in your heart that you never knew existed...

4 comments:

t said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aimee said...

I agree whole heartedly what Terri said!!! I'm so sorry you are hurt and upset over something your FRIEND said to you. :o( *hugs*

Anonymous said...

I agree, too, with the advice above and hope that the damage can be repaired. Still it hurts ME that you were hurt, as I don't know many kinder, more warm-hearted people than you, dear friend!

Mirz said...

I've had this happen over the years. It's hard. I truly don't think things can ever be the same. I guess it goes back to the adage that some things are best left unsaid.

Still, that doesn't mean the friendship can't survive. It will simply be different. You can agree to disagree.

You're a great person, Jenn. It's possible to be great friends with someone you don't see eye to eye with. I hope you are able to come to that point with this person.