I woke with a migraine...That was just the start of the day....
I left work and 11 AM. I decided that I would get Mom today. She has been there for a month and I just keep putting off getting her. Something has been keeping me from that darn funeral home. No more. Since my sister was not coming forward and offering to get her, I HAD to do it. I have held it together for a while now. I sat there and just felt closed in. I just wanted them to hurry and give her to me so that I could leave. The 10 minutes that I was there seemed like an eternity. I was fighting away the tears and just wanted to leave. They FINALLY brought her out and I signed and practically ran out....
I hit that car and fell apart. I knew why I had put it off. This was IT. I felt like a child. It was like leaving her there meant that it was not officially over. Now, it was. She was gone... REALLY gone... Wow! It felt like February 24, 2008 all over again...
I headed home with a migraine. Put Mom away and took 3 aspirin for my migraine. Grabbed a bite eat, and headed off to the dentist. 2 more root canals today. Turned into a total nightmare because I took aspirin and thus my root canals bled like extractions. So much fun...
Headed home and fought through the stupid migraine to love on my kids and be mom. Now I am heading to bed and hoping for a better tomorrow...
Monday, May 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Oh, my dearest, dearest Jenn... I am so sad to hear about this. So much pain and struggle all in a single day! You know you're in my prayers every morning and in my thoughts everyday. Wishing I could be there IRL to help share times like this.
((( Love and hugs, girl )))
You are so strong! I cannot imagine what it was like yesterday. Feel comfort that Judy is with you always. She will always be looking out for you and her grandchildren. I think she might be feeling that she is home again. I know that is it so final and so difficult, but take joy in knowing that your mom loved you and your kids!
Oh Jenn *huge hugs* I would have a migraine too. I think I would feel a real sense of relief after your day yesterday. Hang in there Jenn, there are many more happy days ahead of you!!! :o)
Many (((HUGS))) My heart is breaking all over again for you. Hoping you regain some peace of heart soon.
Post a Comment