Thursday, May 15, 2008

"The Wedding Singer" the musical and a small reconnection...

So, my Uncle and I had gotten close for a while and then drifted very far apart when I conceived the twins and he did not agree....We stayed apart for about a year and a half and then started to chat again in January of this year. Things were slow. That nagging uncomfortable feeling was there like the pink elephant in the room. Then, Mom died...We chatted a bit, but nothing significant...

We used to see musicals together all the time and it was really fun. He loves them and had no one to take while I enjoyed a free night out. It was a perfect combination. Well, he asked me to go and see "The Wedding Singer" the musical with him tonight back in March. For a short time, I was a bit nervous as to how it would be. Would we be REALLY different around each other? Would I be able to forgive him for turning me away? It was a GREAT show and gave the two of us some time to reconnect. Besides my sister (and we all know how terrific she is), he is the ONLY family that I have left. We spent the evening catching up and sharing some happy "Mom" memories. It was nice and I have arrived home tonight to a quiet house and a strong sense of calmness in regards to my family.

The musical was GREAT! If you are a child of the 80s or like 80s music, I highly recommend it. The storyline is very similar to the movie and the songs are just terrific! So, if it heads into your town, try to go and check it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's terrific, Jenn! I am so happy for you. To feel connected and involved with family means so much... and you are truly one who deserves to be supported & affirmed by others.

That makes me feel so good! :)