Thursday, April 28, 2011

Day 23-Favorite Vacation

That is a hard one. Like I have said before, my family tries to take a trip EVERY year SOMEWHERE. I guess if I had to pick just one, I would say that my FAVORITE would have to be Tobey's Make-A-Wish Trip.

Yeah.

It was pretty sweet, and one that will NEVER be duplicated.

Never... :(

It was when the triplets were 9. I hesitated to even DO the Make-A-Wish thing, BUT my friend Dana and I decided that IF our kids were considered applicable, then why not? So, we talked to our boys and they came to the consensus that they wanted to go to Disneyworld TOGETHER! It was quite the undertaking. MAW in Texas and Wisconsin coordinated our trips so that we were there at the same time! It was an awesome trip!

It will NEVER be duplicated for a few reasons. For one, my Mom was with us. :( It was a wonderful trip in the sense that the place we stayed was TOTALLY wheelchair accessible and that was GREAT for BOTH Tobey AND Mom. It was also the LAST time that the kids and I would go to DW with Mom. We had made reservations in January 08, but she died just a month later and we cancelled the trip... Another thing that has changed is that my friend D has FINALLY divorced her husband. In that area, I have to say that I am happy... He was a mean, nasty drunk. But, for her children, it was the last big trip that they took as a family...

So, that magical trip was an a week of awesome memorable moments. Limosine rides to the airport, wizzing to the front of every line, eating meals with Disney characters, eating ice cream as often as we wanted and my son getting to hang out with his buddy who is "just like him!"

Definitely a FAVORITE vacation!

No comments: