Ugh...
This is where I am a bit pathetic. My first love is my ONLY love... R was my high school sweetheart. I met him my senior year. We were quite the item. Dated for 4 years. Got engaged. Even set a wedding date for 10/1/95.
When he was 19, he signed up for the Airforce.
I encouraged him.
You see, he was struggling in college. Could not handle it. Thought this would give him a purpose. A career. After all, I was going to be a teacher. I could teach anywhere.
He ended up being stationed in Mountain Home, ID. Yea. A long distance relationship. We seemed to do it quite well. HUGE phone bills, but we managed. I flew out every couple of months, and he came out when he could get leave. The wedding date that we chose had 2 purposes. For one it was was the day after he turned 21 which was important to R. Second, I would be done with my student teaching, so I could join him in ID...
So, while I was here in Houston planning our wedding with BOTH my and HIS family, he apparently was doing other things. Extracurricular things! . How did I discover this? He was in a car accident in which 2 people in the car he was in were killed and he did NOT call me first. Yea, when his dad called me to see if I had heard, I KNEW that something was NOT right. He was with HER.
It ended RIGHT THERE.
I have not been with a man romantically since....
That was February 1994....
Sad, huh?
Friday, April 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment