Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 9- A Picture of Your Friends

My friends.... Oh, how they have REALLY come through for me recently when I have had SO MUCH on my plate in regards to my Tobey. I do NOT have just one best friend. Rather, I have many friends that I consider close and some, MUCH more than others, REALLY get me and my life which is HUGE... :)

The scrappin' gang! What would I do without my scrapping girls? They are really my escape. Scrapping has become the ONE thing that I do to just get away from life. Whether we are up at the church on a Wednesday, pulling a late nighter at Scrapmania, or spending the entire day celebrating a birthday, we have the best time when we are together. Just the "girls" talking, scrappin and enjoying the company of one another. Everyone needs a group of girls like mine. They are one-of-a-kind and truly ALWAYS there when you need advice, a shoulder, a place to vent, or just a kind heart....

Photobucket

Terri (on the left in the pic)... We have known each other since she moved to Houston in our Junior year of High School. Though we have never been best friends, Terri has ALWAYS been a true and loyal friend. When the two of us are together, we can talk for HOURS. Both of us know A LOT about each other's pasts and I do believe that pulls us together as there are just not that many people that I can say that about... She has been through MANY things with me! If I am in a bind, I know that I can ask Terri. Terri is a very generous, kind-hearted person and we have managed to stay connected over the years which has meant so much to me... :)

Photobucket

Michele(on the right in the pic)...Michele and I met when we were just 5 years old. We were the best of friends all through our grade school and middle school years. My family would take her on family vacations, and I would accompany her family as well. We had a truly wonderful friendship. As we got older, she moved and we grew apart. She did move back while we were in high school, but we never became the friends that we once were. Recently, we have re-connected through and AXO alumni group as we have discovered that we both were in the same sorority in college...Not surprising. :)

Photobucket

Rebecca... My "gaga" :P Rebecca and I have not known each other long, but you would NEVER know that if you saw us together. We met through the scrapping group, but we have extended our friendship beyond that. R is just one of those girls that I feel "connected" with. I actually feel closer to her than I do to my own sister. She is so easy to hang out with. We get along very well and have similar thoughts and ideas on many things... :) R makes me smile and that is priceless. When we do not see each other for a while, I do miss her so...

Photobucket

Crystal...Crystal has been a devoted friend. She is such a sweetie. Crystal is a very loving, Christian woman. I envy how she tries so hard to be the perfect wife/mom for her family. She has gone out of her way to help me out which I am just awed by. I have never had someone make so much effort to help me out. If I need someone to get B & B, I can ask C. She is more than happy to help out. She has been a great movie pal as well. She and I have similar taste in movies and have enjoyed our share of movies which is so fun for me since movies ARE my other fav! :)

Photobucket

Jenny(on left in the pic)...I met Jenny when we were in high school. We were on the swim team together. We were VERY close while we were in HS. We lost track of each other after we graduated. Last year, we reconnected through FB and my hope is that we continue to rekindle our friendship. She has 3 little girls. 2 of which are close in age to B & B.. :)

Photobucket

Vicki...I have known Vicki since I was 12. I used to babysit for her sister who lived acrosee the street for me. Then, when she had children, I babysat for her too. As I have gotten older, we have become friends. We used to be faithful movie buddies, but have moved away from that of late. She enjoys the Rodeo and we hang out a lot when it is in town. Interesting thing about us is that we, as of last year, work at the same school! :) So, we see each other and chat every day...

Photobucket

Last, BUT NOT LEAST, Jamie. I met Jamie on a single mom chat board. We talked more and more as time went by. If Jamie and I lived near each other, I KNOW that she would be my best friend. She is the FIRST person that I think to call when something happens. Good or bad. She will listen and somehow give me perspective. We have ALMOST all of the same beliefs. Child-rearing, "crazy people," family sizes, food addiction, photos, etc. are all things that we see through the same lense... Jamie and I could talk all day every day. We just have THAT much in common. We both have a set of boy/girl twins. Our daughters fight for "head position" when we are together and we love every minute of it! Jamie, as I have said before, "gets" many things that so many others just can't... I am soooooooo pumped to have her and her kiddos coming here to visit this summer! :)

Photobucket

1 comment:

Twin Mommy said...

I'm so glad you have so many good friends around you :0)